How to deal with builders #2
- Builders or workmen (team members: plumber, carptenter, tiler, electrician etc) usually don’t know why they are coming in. The head office/project manager does not give them guidance. When they arrive on site they improvise!
- Their project manager might have booked them to come in but they wont have your house keys and wont have instructions to what needs doing.
- In order for you to get the results you want, you must live clear instructions with drawing and arrows onthe wall of the room. That was the wokrman of the day will know what to do. For example, you know the tiler is coming, live an A4 taped to the wall of the room with instructions:
– blue tiles on that wall stop here (put measurements)
– white tiles to lay horizontal pm 2 wall, not 4 wall, tile the wall with shower and the wall with windows.
- Be descriptive and add drawings if you can.
- Call project manager every day to check progress and ask if someone is coming in tomorrow, what time and who.